Jesmond Parish Church was consecrated on 14 January 1861 as "a church in memory of the late Rev Richard Clayton . . . in which evangelical truth shall be declared", and which would, "form a central point for the maintenance and promulgation of sound scriptural and evangelical truth in a large and populous town".
A longer history of our church has also been written called "A Light in a Dark Place"- available from Revd Alan Munden.