We praise God that we can again meet in the church building. Initially, our in-person services are an opportunity to watch the pre-recorded online services together in the building, however, we hope to add more live elements to this as and when we are able and restrictions allow.
We would love for you to join us in-person at JPC. Attendance is free, but social distancing rules mean spaces are limited, so you will need to pre-book to be guaranteed a seat.
If you are unable or prefer not to attend in person, all our services are streamed online here.
How can I book seats?
The easiest way to book is online. You can book up to 90 minutes before each service begins (if places are available) via Jesmond Parish Church's TicketSource page.
If you are unable to book online, you can email email@example.com or call 0191 2127400 on weekdays.
Single and Multiple Household Bookings
To control numbers and maintain social distancing our in-person services are ticketed. One person per booking will be required to share their name and contact details, which will be held securely for 21 days and shared with the authorities only if required for test and trace purposes.
The government has allowed limited household mixing indoors from 17th May, so for services from Sunday 23rd, small groups of people from different households are able to book to sit together. However, social distancing rules still apply between you so these groups are limited to 2 or 3 people to facilitate this. On the booking page you will see two ticket types:
- Attendees from one household: This category is for individuals coming alone, or multiple members of the same household wishing to sit together (this can include an individual with whom you form a support bubble).
- Attendees from different households: This category is for groups of two or three people from different households attending together. You may sit together and interact as a group, but 1m social distancing rule still applies between you. The number of seats bookable in the pew is limited to facilitate this.
Please only sign up if you're fairly confident you will be there. If you have booked a place and later find you are unable to attend (e.g. you develop COVID-19 symptoms), please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make your seats available to others.
You must NOT attend if you or your household have any symptoms of Covid-19.
We have put in place measures to make our services as safe as possible. These include:
- Socially distanced seating throughout
- A one-way system to help maintain social distancing as people move about the building
- All windows and some external doors will be left open to improve ventilation
- Cleaning of every area after each service
- Plenty of hand sanitiser provided in places where you'll most need it
To help us keep everyone safe, we ask you to please observe the following measures:
- Wear a mask or face covering at all times (unless exempt)
- Use hand sanitiser when entering the building
- Maintain safe social distancing of 2m wherever possible
- Limit movement around the building as much as possible and stick to the one-way system
- Wait patiently if there is a queue to use the toilets (toilet capacity will be restricted to one individual or household at a time)
- Not to sing out loud, though do feel free to hum along quietly or do actions!
- After the service, please remain seated until you are directed to the exits by Sidesmen
- Please leave promptly when directed to do so without "social interaction" in the building
What to expect
- Due to the need for improved ventilation, the building will be colder than usual, so please dress accordingly
- It will take longer than usual to get everyone seated, so please aim to arrive 15 mins before the start of the service
- Entry will be via the main doors facing the motorway only. You may be asked to queue outside until sidesmen are able to show you to your seats.
- Depending on where you are seated, you may be directed to exit through a different door to the one you entered by.
- Each individual or household will be seated at least 1 metre from one another.
- Toilets are available but capacity will be very limited, so we encourage you to avoid using them if possible.
- No refreshments will be provided, but feel free to bring your own bottled water if you wish.
- The ESV Pew Bibles have been removed but all Bible readings will be displayed on screen.
Children and Young People
We are now running children's groups during the 9:15am and 4:30pm services. The groups that are meeting will be shown on the booking page, where you can book spaces for your children. Children and young people are still welcome to join the services, though under 14s should be accompanied by an adult. Please help younger children to understand and follow the social distancing systems. You might like to bring your own copy of the downloadable activities that go alongside the all-age talk, or other activities suitable for them.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Andrew Shaw