IN PERSON SERVICES
We would love for you to join us this Christmas period. We are running COVID-secure and socially-distanced in-person services in line with Church of England and government regulations. Attendance is free, but spaces are limited so pre-booking is essential. We look forward to meeting you!
If you can't join us ‘in person’, we are still live streaming all our services online. Please visit: jpc.org.uk/livestream
To control numbers and maintain social distancing our in-person services will be ticketed. One person per household booking will be required to share their name and contact details, which will be held securely for 21 days and shared with the authorities only if required for test and trace purposes.
Each booking is for one household only (this can include an individual with whom you form a support bubble). We will not be able to seat individuals from different bookings together, this is in order to prevent households mixing and ensure social distancing requirements are met.
Seats for family or friends who are not part of your household will need to be reserved separately by starting a new booking and registering their details for track and trace purposes.
Please only sign up if you're fairly confident you will be there. If you have booked a place and later find you are unable to attend (e.g. you develop COVID-19 symptoms), please let us know by emailing email@example.com so we can make your seats available to others.
You can book online up to 90 minutes before each service begins (if places are available) via TicketSource.
If you are unable to book online, you can book by calling Ramzi Adcock on 0191 212 7402.
You should NOT attend if you or your household have any symptoms of Covid-19. We also strongly advise those at high or moderate risk from coronavirus NOT to attend.
We have introduced a number of measures to make our services as safe as possible. These include:
- Reducing the building's capacity to ensure all seating is socially distanced
- A one-way system to help maintain social distancing as people move about the building
- Cleaning of every area between each service
- Plenty of hand sanitiser provided in places where you'll most need it
To help us keep everyone safe, we ask you to please observe the following measures:
- Wear a mask or face covering at all times (unless exempt)
- Use hand sanitiser when entering the building
- Maintain safe social distancing of 2m wherever possible
- Limit movement around the building as much as possible and stick to the one-way system
- Wait patiently if there is a queue to use the toilets (toilet capacity will be restricted to one individual or household at a time)
- Not to sing out loud, though do feel free to hum along quietly or do actions!
- After the service, please remain seated until you are directed to the exits by Sidesmen
- Please leave promptly when directed to do so without "social interaction" either in the building or on church grounds
What to expect
- It will take longer than usual to get everyone seated, so please aim to arrive 15 mins before the start of the service
- Entry will be via the main doors facing the motorway only. You may be asked to queue outside until sidesmen are able to show you to your seats.
- Each individual or household 'bubble' will be seated 2 metres from one another.
- Toilets are available but capacity will be very limited, so we encourage you to avoid using them if possible.
- No refreshments will be provided, but feel free to bring your own bottled water if you wish.
- The ESV Pew Bibles have been removed but all Bible readings will be displayed on screen.
Children and Young People
At this point we cannot offer a crèche. Children and young people are welcome to join the services, under 14s should be accompanied by an adult. Please help younger children to understand and follow the social distancing systems. You might like to bring your own copy of the downloadable activities that go alongside the all-age talk, or other activities suitable for them.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Andrew Shaw